Sunday, May 27, 2012

Distress Inks Rock

I bought new acid free art materials this week which I'm kinda digging. They are water-based stamp pads called Distress Inks by Tim Holtz that can be applied to paper, wood, and even photographs. Typically you would use a paper tortillian to accent certain areas of photos to age and weather them, but I used the stamp pad raw and punched and dragged the square pads throughout the paper directly. It created a great abstract effect that I know I could use in future projects.

1 comments:

Taylor S Smith said...

Cool man, thanks for sharing :) That's so much fun to play with something new and get an unexpected/cool effect from it.

BTW, that car sketch is really awesome, too!

DLyonsArt@gmail.com

My Photo
The Art of Daniel Lyons
ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART... ART!!! SHHH!!! (aaaaarrrt)
View my complete profile

Featured Sites

You are Now a Red Blip

Thanks for Stopping By

Daniel Lyons Art 2011. Powered by Blogger.