Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sneaks Redo

My little cousin Austin didn't like the 80's style sneakers I painted for him. I totally get it. They were a little too funky and feminine for most people. I just painted something that I would wear, which is usually outlandish colors, and my buddy Mike D would say, "Only you." I also didn't take his age into consideration and how the 1980's is just something he saw on VH1 when they were "loving it". Anyway, here they are.




I toned these down with the grey but continued with my 80's style idea through graffiti. I created a few paint splatters on the outsides of each sneaker and drips in the back to emphasis spray paint and the development of street art during that time. These were ten times easier than my original idea/experiment and I like the overall turn out. My only disappointment is the laces. I just hate the laces! I had to paint them and dye them several times to the point where they look overworked. Besides the overall color, my dryer caused them to appear 'linted' and beat up which makes them look old and weathered. My girlfriend said, and I quote, "They looked like you dragged them through a puddle," which I agree with but DAMN! LOL I decided to lace them differently so you would notice the design instead of their appearance but either way, I need to buy you laces Austin. Expect them in the mail sometime this month.

Side Note: Did you know that there are thirty-three awesome ways to tie your shoelaces?

0 comments:

DLyonsArt@gmail.com

My Photo
The Art of Daniel Lyons
ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART... ART!!! SHHH!!! (aaaaarrrt)
View my complete profile

Featured Sites

You are Now a Red Blip

Thanks for Stopping By

Daniel Lyons Art 2011. Powered by Blogger.