Thursday, May 19, 2011

Beach.. Series?

8" x 10"

The drawing above started out as a basic sketch like usual. It was a plan for a pair of slip-on Vans sneakers for my friend Rachel. She wanted an anchor on one toes and a captain's wheel on the other. I liked the sketch of the anchor above and went crazy. After completing this picture, I decided to continue with this 'beachy' colorful idea and proceeded to create the two images below.

8" x 10"


8" x 10"


I liked them so much that I decided to frame them all in the same way and create a sort of series depicting images that deal with the ocean, water, beach, and aquatic life. They are now hanging in my room, above my computer, with very beach style 80% recycled frames. They have really brightened up my bedroom although they do not match the decor at all.

0 comments:

DLyonsArt@gmail.com

My Photo
The Art of Daniel Lyons
ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART... ART!!! SHHH!!! (aaaaarrrt)
View my complete profile

Featured Sites

You are Now a Red Blip

Thanks for Stopping By

Daniel Lyons Art 2011. Powered by Blogger.