Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Untitled Experience

5" x 7" on Beige Mat Board


Continuing with my experiments with my new colored pencils. I recently bought some abstractly interesting colors by Prismacolor and I am trying to get acquainted with them. My new favorite color would have to be artichoke. Its the warm green located around the face. I also really like the black cherry. I am very excited to get a handle on these new colors and I have a ton of mat board to back me up.

I may have added too much contrast to this image but like most of my work, it's just for fun in the experience. Plus movies are better when you are doing something productive whether you like the turn out or not. Here is a prime example..

5" x 7" on Terracotta Mat Board


It seems to be pretty hard to make these tiny colored pencil drawings look good. Drawing on mat board is great because the paper color is endless, but.. The problem that presents itself is the tooth on the paper. To get a color to perform and become flat requires a ton of pressure which mildly scores the mat board. All these depressions seem to pick up light and reflect it in all directions causing my camera to have a hard time capturing a clear image. Maybe a sharper pencil will solve this problem. We shall see.

0 comments:

DLyonsArt@gmail.com

My Photo
The Art of Daniel Lyons
ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART... ART!!! SHHH!!! (aaaaarrrt)
View my complete profile

Featured Sites

You are Now a Red Blip

Thanks for Stopping By

Daniel Lyons Art 2011. Powered by Blogger.