Friday, January 20, 2012

Keep that jingle jangle jingle

This series came together in lieu of the bi-annual "Penny Sale" at my job. I started with President Lincoln who's face was plastered all over everything. I was staring at him at work all day for a whole month so what's a few more hours right? It blew up into a full blown series containing all presidents and important figures in our country's history that are immortalized on US currency. I finished it with Obama as a snake which I titled Red Across America to make fun of his proposed health care system. He's such a snake and he looks good in his true form. I'm just sour because I honestly thought this time was going to be different. Everything he said he would do during the last election sounded so good.. I wish it all.. well most of it.. were true.

The slogan of his campaign was "CHANGE," and not the literal form that most Americans contain in their pockets, but the promise of a new direction for the country. The most obvious "change" was racial and at this point it seems that that is all it was. The bail outs, the war for oil.. It all persists.

This series is to help people "change" for real. To aid change in minds stuck in their ways as my figurative finger points at all these suits smiling and waving on on TVs as they collapse their fingers back and forth at night to accompany their sinister laughs.

The times have changed my friends. We don't duel in the street in response to being "Yella!" We don't dip our feathers in ink and mail shit on horses.. Let's get with the program here and demand this change.

We all have a voice.. Scratch that! We all have many voices now. Social networking has become the new water coolers for our society and people need to start drinking. Bill may still be raving about Gloria Notimportant on American Idol somewhere but there are 15,000 others Bills talking about shit that actually matters. Let's stand back and send back the free bullshit our government propagandizes as "Top Headlines" and tap the keg on true political and environmental change.. Do you think our old ass system is working?

Anyway, there is a lot to say about each piece individually but now I'm pissed off and totally over this..

Pangea fo life!

0 comments:

DLyonsArt@gmail.com

My Photo
The Art of Daniel Lyons
ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART... ART!!! SHHH!!! (aaaaarrrt)
View my complete profile

Featured Sites

You are Now a Red Blip

Thanks for Stopping By

Daniel Lyons Art 2011. Powered by Blogger.