Thursday, January 19, 2012

Making Dreams Come True

This acrylic painting was commissioned by a coworker for her grandmother. Her grandmother always loved this particular painting and she tried for many years to have someone hand paint this image. Unfortunately for her she could not find anyone to tackle the task. Fortunately for me, I'm a artist. A struggling artist willing to 'portrait' some pooh if the money's right.

My coworker told me about this project in October and she brought me a postcard of the image for a reference that she took from
Her grandmother. I snapped a shot of it with my iPhone which became the only image I had or could find since I did not know the artist's name.

I started the reproduction that night and spent a couple hours painting the larger areas in the background and never touched it again until a week prior to Christmas. I procrastinated this piece for some time.

On a side note, I procrastinate everything actually but in a good way. I seem to like the pressure of deadlines and push the envelope of those deadlines to the last possible opportunity. When i was in college, I noticed my best works were the ones where I was up all the entire night/morning before class or when i was forced into production.

This was a similar situation. I literally finished this painting twenty minutes before I gave it to my friend. It was so fresh I couldn't even varnish it..

To end this story, the gift was a huge success. My friend loved the final product and it sounded like her grandma did too. She later told me that her grams loved the painting so much that it made her cry. I'm not in the business of making anyone cry, but hearing that made me feel good and I was happy to to be involved.

I'm glad she liked it Steph and you're welcome Steph's grandma ;)

0 comments:

DLyonsArt@gmail.com

My Photo
The Art of Daniel Lyons
ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART... ART!!! SHHH!!! (aaaaarrrt)
View my complete profile

Featured Sites

You are Now a Red Blip

Thanks for Stopping By

Daniel Lyons Art 2011. Powered by Blogger.