Friday, August 5, 2011

Dripping Wet


Colored Pencils on 5" x 7" Red Suede Mat Board

Okay.  So, the portrait I did of Natalie was fresh in my mind.  I tried drawing her again from memory with a crazy twist.  Natalie has a crazy fear of liquids..  Not really liquids per say but one in particular.. spit!!  I don't think anyone is really a fan, but Natalie has a profound disgust regarding spit and freaks whenever she hears a lugey hacked or sees one on the ground.  I actually researched this and a lot of people have this phobia that doesn't even have a title.  Someone on yahoo said it could be "sialophobia" since sialo is the proper name for saliva, but who knows.  Either way, I drew Natalie's portrait entirely of different colored liquids to honor her hatred for spit.  (Gross)

These facts are gross.  Did you know that there are over 700 species of bacteria that thrive in the average human mouth.  On the other hand, did you know that saliva balances out the acid capabilities of the mouth.  If it wasn't there, besides providing the ability to swallow things easier, ours mouths would be so acidic that it would eat through out teeth. Even better.. apparently when you urinate, a small amount of the urine enters your mouth through the saliva glands. The website I saw that one on also said and I quote, "But that’s okay because fresh urine is cleaner than saliva."  I have joined the club Nat.. ..I HATE SPIT!!!  

1 comments:

Natalie Farrell said...

HAHA! Wow, I hadn't seen you updated with tons of posts on your blog. I had only seen your "Munny" one. This post made me laugh out loud.

I don't think I have a phobia of spit... it doesn't scare me, it just grosses me the eff out. It's disgusting. Throw up on the other hand... now that's a different story.

Man, I really liked this strange, cool liquid looking drawing, but now that you're referencing it to my disgust with spit, I'm a little grossed out by it now. ;) Hahaaa ha, jk. Dang, my comment is just full of disgusting things.

PS. Welcome to the club. *Handshake*

DLyonsArt@gmail.com

My Photo
The Art of Daniel Lyons
ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART... ART!!! SHHH!!! (aaaaarrrt)
View my complete profile

Featured Sites

You are Now a Red Blip

Thanks for Stopping By

Daniel Lyons Art 2011. Powered by Blogger.