Thursday, August 4, 2011

Portrait: Natalie Farrell's Make Up


Colored Pencils on 5" x 7" Red Suede Mat Board

Natalie and I went out to a club downtown for our friend Jesse's birthday where a photographer snapped a great picture of us together.  Adri, another one of our friends, is going to cosmotology school and was nice enough to doll Natalie up in all sorts of powders, shadows, foundations.. girl stuff.. before we went out that night.  I for one am a man who likes natural beauty.  Although Natalie doesn't need to wear make up,  Adri did a great job making Natalie even more beautiful.  I decided to draw the photo Natalie stole off the club's website emitting myself from the composition.  I made her face and skin almost transparent as if to capture only the make up that Adri applied to which the suede mat provided a good base to create such an effect.  I enlarged her earrings to make the piece more fun. I also rolled back in time to my old caricature signature to represent a place and period when we first met, when I drew her all the time.  <3        

0 comments:

DLyonsArt@gmail.com

My Photo
The Art of Daniel Lyons
ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART... ART!!! SHHH!!! (aaaaarrrt)
View my complete profile

Featured Sites

You are Now a Red Blip

Thanks for Stopping By

Daniel Lyons Art 2011. Powered by Blogger.