Saturday, June 4, 2011

Quantity Seems to be Taking Over

Lately I've been on a mat board kick. I'm sure you have realized by now that I was lucky enough to score a stack of 5" x 7" various types of mat board which I greatly appreciate by the way.. You know who you are. I really do enjoy messing around with these fabrics mats and trying to turn something that normally preserves your art, into art itself. I can think of nothing better than to sit down with a new material and figure it out. So I have been. I've created a small stack of these guys over the past two weeks, but only one I've found appealing so far. The Rapture I may be spreading myself too thin at the moment, but it did give me an idea..

So, with that said.. The decision has been made. I am going to create one of these small drawings everyday for a year.. or until I get (mat) bored or run out of mats. Then, I will attempt to attach them to a board to try and make something like a rectangle. There are not many factors for the number 365 though. Only 1, 5, 73, and 365. I guess 5 and 73 will have to do.. or I'll plan on missing a day. That would be.. 13 rows and 28 columns. That would mean the dimensions would be around.. (buttons on calculator) 7' 6.5" x 11' 8" wow! That would be a costly frame. Whatever. I'll figure it out. Here we go..


A Blender
5" x 7" Mixed Media on Illustration White Board

1 comments:

Natalie Farrell said...

I love this. The colors, so rich. Brightens up my mood.

DLyonsArt@gmail.com

My Photo
The Art of Daniel Lyons
ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART... ART!!! SHHH!!! (aaaaarrrt)
View my complete profile

Featured Sites

You are Now a Red Blip

Thanks for Stopping By

Daniel Lyons Art 2011. Powered by Blogger.