Sunday, December 19, 2010

Meet Medeski

A friend of mine, who also received The Moskowitz Family Holiday Card, wanted me to draw his dog Medeski as a caricature. I did my usual thang and started with a very quick drawing of the pouch, and as usual, it turned out to be more of a doggie portrait. I decided to take this guy a little further for the final drawing because Josh told me that he wanted caricature, so a caricature is what he'll get. After the outline, I was sceptical of the final result and wondered if I would be wasting my time. It looked pretty strange and my girlfriend Natalie seemed to agree. She asked me to color in the eyes and that's when I took a picture of it. I had nothing better to do, so I pushed on and came up with the picture of Medeski below.























The background planning took a long time just because I really liked the way Medeski turned out and I didn't want to ruin it with a flat monochromatic background like I did wit the practice sketch. I wanted the dog to be pushed off the paper just like his snout, so I decided to make it funky. This design should compliment the super bright green walls where Josh has chosen to hang it. I just hope he likes it enough to do so.

0 comments:

DLyonsArt@gmail.com

My Photo
The Art of Daniel Lyons
ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART... ART!!! SHHH!!! (aaaaarrrt)
View my complete profile

Featured Sites

You are Now a Red Blip

Thanks for Stopping By

Daniel Lyons Art 2011. Powered by Blogger.