Friday, December 3, 2010

Random Everything

Last week I received a message on Facebook from my friend's mother who is an avid art collector. Her house has some pretty awesome paintings and prints done by very famous artists such as Keith Harring, Roy Leinchestien, and Jerry Garcia just to name a few. She asked if she could buy something I have done and I was honored. I told her to go through some of my pictures and pick out something she likes. The funny thing is, she decided to buy a caricature I did of myself when I decided to quit smoking, which, oddly enough, depicts me shirtless and scantly clad in an ashtray, completely immersed in cigarette butts. The picture is supposed to represent a jacuzzi and how relaxingly gross cigarettes can be. How bad they make everything you own smell.. How you would do anything to get them.. How you would buy them before food or clothes.. Just thinking about them makes me sick.

To finish this story, after receiving a check for the artwork I also randomly received a call from her son a few hours later. I hadn't spoken to him for more than six months and he had no idea that his mother had purchased some artwork from me. It was pretty random like I said. Its good that I did see him though because his mother had commissioned me another drawing in the letter that she sent that I overlooked. She sent me a picture of her dogs and wanted a "cartoony" drawing of them. Planning it took long but the finished piece only took an hour or so. Thanks for the pointers Marco Darko.








0 comments:

DLyonsArt@gmail.com

My Photo
The Art of Daniel Lyons
ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART... ART!!! SHHH!!! (aaaaarrrt)
View my complete profile

Featured Sites

You are Now a Red Blip

Thanks for Stopping By

Daniel Lyons Art 2011. Powered by Blogger.