Saturday, December 4, 2010

Unleaded Diesel

My girlfriend Natalie inspired me yesterday when she decided to do a value drawing of me in graphite pencils. After watching her draw me, I realized that I hadn't drawn with pencils since I started doing caricatures with Kaman's Art Shoppes almost two years ago. When I was in high school I was all about value sketches. Graphite was my bread and butter then. Even through my first and second semester at Brookdale Community College in NJ, I rocked the H through 8B hard. Anyway, seeing my girlfriend draw suddenly gave me the urge to draw and the only thing I had handy was the image of my friend's parents' dogs from my previous post. This is another drawing of Diesel but instead of a caricature, it's more of a doggy portrait on 7" x 10" recycled paper drawing paper.

0 comments:

DLyonsArt@gmail.com

My Photo
The Art of Daniel Lyons
ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART ART... ART!!! SHHH!!! (aaaaarrrt)
View my complete profile

Featured Sites

You are Now a Red Blip

Thanks for Stopping By

Daniel Lyons Art 2011. Powered by Blogger.